Tuesday 17 January 2012

Words ... are they important?

One of my most favourite people posted in her blog recently about words and, with it being a new year and all, what yours for the year would be (http://zenith-thinking.blogspot.com/2012/01/year-of-word.html).  That got me thinking about what my word for the year would be ... and I decided it would be "achieve".  There are so many things that I want to achieve in this lifetime!

So, while pondering my word for the year, I started thinking laterally about words, what words mean, what words mean personally, and so on.  And it refreshed my memory ... my (very smart) husband and I are great believers in the power of words.  Without realising it, or really thinking about it, words are very powerful.  You can do so many things with words.  And how we think and speak has an impact on what happens in our lives.  Henry Ford is quoted as saying "If you think you can, you're right.  And, if you think you can't, you're right."

With that sentiment, and my word for the year, in mind, I implore you to guard your words in thought and speech.  Not just in terms of other people but ourselves as well.

When you have had a bad week, trying your best to cope with life in general and, losing weight in particular ... guard your words and thoughts.  As Dr John de Martini says, "What you think and speak about, you bring about" so stay positive ... tomorrow WILL be a better day.

Be kind to yourselves, and remember, "You are worthy, and deserve to be loved"!

The Slender Goddess :)
Cape Town

No comments:

Post a Comment