Wednesday 25 January 2012

And so the quest for my inner Slender Goddess continues ...

Well, there are only 6 days left in this first month of this New Year ... hard to believe but true.  I have definitely come to the conclusion that time speeds up as you get older.  The days are just flying by, and it still feels like I don't have enough time in a day to do all that is needed.

However, one thing I am doing is sticking to my decision that this is the year to let go of all the negative ideas I have about dieting and embrace all the positive ideas about eating more sensibly.  I cannot tell you that it has been easy ... it hasn't.  I have 32 years worth of weight propaganda and negativity that I have to sort through, dust off, discard or re-organise in the dusty archives of my mind.  But I can, with pride, say that so far I'm hanging in there.  I have promised to be kinder to myself, just as you should be to yourself, and am practising that everyday ... or at least trying to do so every day.  As every woman since Eve has had, I had my "dreaded time" recently.  There is nothing and no one safe, during this time, in my search for chocolate ... it is seriously ugly should anyone or anything get between me and a chocolate bar.  So this month I went about it in the spirit of my new mind set.  I bought a smaller chocolate and savoured it for a good 45 minutes ... and all was well in my world again.  Usually I pick up as much as 2kg (± 4lbs) during this time ... this time?  Just 200g (± 1/2lbs) ... woooohoooo ... success!  So it would appear that (yet again) I owe my (very smart) husband a heartfelt "Thank You" for opening my eyes to this new way of being.

My journey is a long one but I WILL be successful in my quest for my inner Slender Goddess.  After all, this is my year to ACHIEVE.

How goes your journey?  If you need support, a shoulder to lean on or just an ear to listen ... feel free to contact me.  No one should have to travel this journey alone.

The Slender Goddess :)
Cape Town

2 comments:

  1. Good on you ... Well done ... Keep it up!
    Lovies
    C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Keep meaning to connect with you to see how you're doing.
      Lovies
      D

      Delete