Friday 6 January 2012

Embracing a new mind set

In my last post I mentioned my (very smart) husband's philosophy on "falling off the wagon" ... Don't look at it as cheating, look at it as a reward.  While embarrassed that I have rewarded myself so soon, I must confess, I am super chuffed with myself.  My son passed matric yesterday and we took him out to lunch to celebrate.  And, even though, I ate things I should not have eaten I didn't just throw the towel in and say "Well bugger it.  I've messed up so now I'll have to quit".  That is precisely what I would have done in the past.  This time, however, I stuck to my guns and I am feeling very good about myself today as a result and am now looking forward to Monday as I will be weighing myself to see the results of my week's hard work.

So, it would appear that you can teach an old dog new tricks and I can change my mindset.

Hope all is going well with you in your endeavours.

The Slender Goddess :)
Cape Town

No comments:

Post a Comment