Wednesday 10 April 2013

Something that FINALLY makes sense!


 

After years of blood, sweat, tears and, eventually, a kind of truce, I've finally discovered what I've been doing wrong all these years!!!

As a qualified Life Coach, weight loss is not a topic I've been comfortable contemplating coaching another person about, as it has been such a major (negative) part of my life since the age of eight.  But as I've continue down this life path I've chosen for myself, my need to grow spiritually and mentally has led me to research many different topics.  So imagine my delight when I came upon a new concept!

Since I have long ago come to the realisation that nothing happens “by chance” in life, I accept that I was meant to find this particular website which promotes the concept of loving yourself thin.  “Yeah right”, I hear you snort in derision; but hear me out.

The entire concept is based on the premise of positive self love … after all, if we can’t love ourselves, how can we expect other people to love us?  It also embraces the practice of mind power and the power of your thoughts.  They speak of releasing weight as opposed to losing weight … why didn't I think of this?!?!?  When you put it out into the Universe you wish to lose weight, the subconscious thinks, “Wait, if you lose something, it has to be found.  I’ll help you find that weight and put it right back where it was!”  So, instead when you decide to release weight, the subconscious thinks, “I’ll give you a hand with that … I’ll help you undo the ties that bind and we’ll release that pesky, unwanted weight right out into the universe.  I’m sure there’s a soul out there who could use this extra weight.”

What a concept!

But, if you stop and really think about it for a moment, it makes good sense.  Any change you wish to bring about in your life all begins with a single thought!  There is nothing we do, consciously or unconsciously that doesn’t start out as a thought.  The trick is to be mindful of your thoughts.  Have you ever noticed that when you’ve consciously decided that today is going to be a good day no matter what, it is?  Why?  Because you have consciously decided it will be so.  So why can’t that include how you view shedding weight?  The more positive your thoughts are the more positive the results are.

I have put this theory in to practice and over the past 2 months have “released” 4 pounds (2kg) without making any significant changes to what I eat.  All I’ve changed is the way I look at the situation.  Yes, it does mean that I have made a conscious effort to be aware of what thoughts I have and how they are worded.  But, yes, it has had results.

If you are interested in finding out more about this concept, email me at dorothy@inspirante.co.za, and I’ll help you to release your inner slenderness.

Wishing you great success with releasing you weight.

The Slender Goddess, :)
Cape Town 

No comments:

Post a Comment