Tuesday 20 March 2012

New Year's Resolutions ... the Follow Up

Alright Possums, it's time to 'fess up ... who of you have managed to hang on to your resolutions? If they've already fallen by the wayside, don't get all bent out of shape about it (no pun intended!)  Just do this little exercise (yet again, no pun intended ... gosh, where are they coming from???) for me.

In today's crazy, rushed, hectic life, find a quiet space for a few moments and contemplate what this means for you.  Is there a deeper-seated issue that you're not addressing that's preventing you from moving forward, toward your goal?  Is there some form of benefit that you're getting from not achieving this goal?  I know ... I also threw my hands up in the air and asked, "what possible benefit could I gain from being overweight"?????  But that is why you need that quiet space so you can sit and contemplate this "homework assignment" deeply ... don't just pay lip service to the concept and then walk away saying, "this is never going to work for me".  It just takes a little (ok, maybe a lot) of introspection to find what it is that isn't resonating with you, causing you to fall short of your goal.  You know yourself better than anybody else does, but if you need to, ask someone for their input.  But whatever you do, don't give up on your goal/dream/objective.  You're worth the work.
I'm not saying I'm perfect; in fact I'm far from it; I'm just saying I'm worth it! ~ Unknown



The Slender Goddess, :)
Cape Town

1 comment:

  1. Love it ... I'm right there ... Ready to look inside and ready to begin ... Again ... Love you so my friend ... Lovies ... C

    ReplyDelete