Wednesday 12 December 2012

So this is Christmas, and what have we done? ...

I am unashamedly a Christmas junkie.  I love everything to do with Christmas.  As a Christian, it is my favourite time of the year.  But, not for the gifts.  Of course it's always nice to receive a lovely gift, all beautifully wrapped, but that is not what Christmas is all about for me.

I love the togetherness of Christmas ... time spent as a family putting decorations up, and on the tree.  The time spent together with family and loved ones around the dining table ... the laughter and the happiness that you hear expressed as we all sit around and chat, joke, tease and just enjoy each other's  company.  That is the meaning of Christmas to me ... the being together at this precious time of the year.  And yes, I can just hear some of you saying that this is a pagan holiday and that it is not the true date of Christ's birth.  It doesn't matter to me.  It is still a magical time of the year for me.

But above all else, it is a time for "love and goodwill toward all men".  Now, I'm not saying that for the other 364 days of the year we should just ignore those who are in need.  But what I am saying is that this is the time of the year when we should make an extra effort to be more ... more patient with others, more giving to others, more supportive of others.  First and foremost though ... be less to yourself! ... less harsh, less critical, less demanding.  In order to love others we need to love ourselves more.  So be kind to yourself, be kind to others.

Whether this is your time of the year that you celebrate your Divine or not, please be kind to one another.  Give, because it is in the giving that we will receive.

And as this year draws to a close take time to reflect on what we have done this year ... for ourselves and for others.  Reflect on your achievements and to let go of the things that no longer serve you.  Take the lessons of this year into the new year in order to not repeat those mistakes and let go of the disappointments that will only cloud your vision  as you look forward.

I wish you and your loved ones a most magical festive season.  And am looking forward to sharing an awesome, amazing, abundant 2013 with you.

With warm holiday wishes from,
The  Slender Goddess


Happy holidays from my family to yours.

1 comment: